Overview: Configuring mobile devices or email clients to access email requires a few simple steps, which may include changing your RU password. The information below provides a general summary of information necessary to connect.
- On your mobile device, set up email using Microsoft Exchange, Activesync, or Corporate Mail
- Email address: email@example.com
- Username is the same as email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Server: m.outlook.com
- Always use SSL (Secure Socket Layer)
For additional support, contact The Technology Assistance Center at 157 Heth Hall or 540-831-7500.
- Instructions with additional details can be found at http://help.outlook.com. Click link for “Mobile Phones” or “E-Mail Setup”.
- After trying the above steps, if you’re still having troubles, try deleting the account on your mobile device and starting from the beginning.