This form MUST be submitted to the Registrar's Office no later than 30 days prior to the beginning
of the semester for which you are making application.
The Readmission Committee meets once per month to review Applications for Readmission. After the
Committee has reviewed your record for eligibility you will be advised of a decision.
* Denotes required field
|Term and Year for which you are requesting readmission:
Only students who left the university in good academic standing (whose cumulative grade point average
at Radford University is 2.0 or higher) are eligible to apply for readmission for Augustmester and Wintermester terms.
If you have not attended RU for two or more consecutive semesters prior to making this application,
you will be required to meet the degree requirements stated in the Undergraduate Catalog that is in
effect during the term in which you re-enroll.
If you have attended or are currently attending other colleges or universities since your last enrollment
at RU, please list these below.
You must have official final transcripts from each school sent to the RU Registrar's
Office. In order to efficiently process your application and present it to the Committee for review,
all transcripts must be received before the monthly Committee meeting. Failure to list all institutions
attended will result in cancellation of readmission and registration.
Concealment of attendance at another institution since your last enrollment at RU or any falsification of
information on this application, whether intentional or accidental, could result in the cancellation of
your readmission and termination of your enrollment.
REMINDER: This form contains questions regarding RU and any other college or university attended as well as
any criminal and/or disciplinary actions.
HONOR STATEMENT: I do hereby resolve to uphold the Honor Code of Radford University by refraining from lying,
from the illegal appropriation of property, and from violating the Standards of Student Conduct and standards of Academic Integrity.
I have read and understand the above Honor Code statement of Radford University. If offered readmission, I
agree to abide by the Honor Code and the rules and regulations of the University. By clicking submit, I certify
that I have read and agree to all the above-listed conditions and that all information supplied in my
application is correct to the best of my knowledge.
I have viewed and understand the Readmission Process
Note the following policies from the Undergraduate Catalog:
- You must successfully complete 30 or more credit hours (over and above what was completed for your first degree) as well as all degree and major requirements stated in the Undergraduate. Catalog that is in effect during the term in which you re-enroll.
- Your GPA from your first degree is frozen and your GPA will start over for your second degree.
- Grades from courses taken in the second degree will not affect the GPA of your first degree.
- You may not earn additional credit for courses taken during your first degree.
- The number of course repeats and withdrawals start over.
- You must successfully complete 60 or more credit hours to qualify for Latin Honors (over and beyond what was completed for your first degree).
Note the following policies from the Undergraduate Catalog:
- You must successfully complete only those requirements for the additional major or minor as stated in the Undergraduate Catalog that is in effect during the term in which you re-enroll.
- Your initial major GPA will be frozen and your GPA for the second major or minor will start over.
- After successful completion of the requirements for an additional major or minor, you must submit a "Declaration of Additional Major or Minor" form to the Registrar's Office; completion will be confirmed and the additional major or minor will be posted to your academic transcript.
- You will not receive an additional diploma.
- You are not eligible to participate in the Commencement Ceremony.
Students who have terminated their enrollment at Radford University for any reason and wish
to return, must submit an application for Readmission to the Registrarís Office. Applications
are due no less than 30 days, but no more than 6 months prior to the beginning of the term in
which re-enrollment is desired. Eligibility to re-enroll will be determined after
the application is received by the Registrar's Office.
For those students who left the University in good academic standing, eligibility for
readmission will be determined by the Offices of the Registrar and Dean of Students.
The Readmission Committee will review the applications of those students who were academically
suspended or left the University while on academic probation. Students placed on academic or
disciplinary suspension are not automatically eligible to return. Only those students who
appear to have potential for success in general and within their selected major will be
readmitted. Academic Renewal is an option for students who have been absent from the
University for four or more years.
The Readmission Committee will evaluate requests for readmission on the basis of the following
The studentís written statement in which:
- compelling reasons are offered for wishing to return to Radford University;
- the student's activities or accomplishments during the period of suspension or absence are described;
- the student indicates how and why academic performance will improve if readmitted.
- Quality point deficit
- Number of "Repeats" available to use as a strategy to bring up GPA
- Previous academic history
- Requested readmit major
- Total hours attempted and/or earned
Evidence of improved academic performance at any institution attended while absent from
Radford University. To be eligible for readmission, the student must have maintained at
least a 2.0 GPA. Students are encouraged to send their transcripts to support their
application at the time of reapplying but final decisions may be deferred pending receipt
of a transcript.
Please note that the Committee reviews only written materials; and individual appearances
before the Committee are not permitted.
Once a decision has been made regarding the application, the student will be notified in
writing. Registration information will be sent when it becomes available.
The Readmission Committee reserves the right to revoke any offer of readmission. The
Readmission Committee will review the progress of all students returning to the University
after a suspension or probation. Continuation of enrollment is contingent upon satisfactory
progress during the semester the student is readmitted. Satisfactory progress is defined
pursuant to the specific information contained in the letter offering readmission.
By accepting this application, you are granting Radford University written consent to investigate
your academic and disciplinary records however is deemed necessary and appropriate. This may
include academic transcripts from any institution and/or court records.