The Virginia Geographic Alliance is excited to offer the online, 8-hour professional development workshop, #YouCanMapThat: Using GIS to Enhance the Classroom. It is open to grades K-12 faculty and pre-service teachers and is limited to 40 participants. Register here.
Location: Online via Zoom
Time: June 22 and 23, 2021. 9:00 AM – 12:30 PM (with optional homework assignment)
This Online Instructor-led Professional Development Program will teach you to:
- Access and utilize 100+ classroom ready 15-Minute GeoInquiries for US History, Human Geography, World History, US Government, Mathematics, Language Arts, and Earth Science
- Use web maps as a bell-ringer, a lesson plan, and/or a classroom discussion tool
- Create customized Web Maps that embed text, primary source Images, YouTube videos, and much more. To access a sample map on the Louisiana Purchase go to: http://arcg.is/1xvC7Pg
- Register your school for a free site-license for Esri’s ArcGIS Online software (Up to 500 accounts).
Other benefits include:
- 8 Continuing Education/Recertification Points
- free supplemental workbook and lesson plans
- access to an online Professional Learning Community
- $25,00 Amazon Gift Card for successfully participating in the workshop.
REGISTRATION IS ON A FIRST COME BASIS & IS LIMITED TO 40 PARTICIPANTS.
Register by 11:59 PM June 13, 2021