Using GIS to Enhance the Classroom
Free K-12 Technology Workshop
July 25, 2019, 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM
University of Virginia, Clemons Library
Sponsored by Virginia Geographic Alliance & ESRI
- Access and utilize over 120 classroom ready GeoInquiries for U.S. History, Human Geography, Earth Science, Language Arts, and Government.
- Learn to use web maps as bell-ringers, lesson plans, and classroom discussion tools.
- Create customized web maps that embed all formats of digital primary sources
- Receive training on to weave VGA’s Library of Congress Teaching with Primary Sources Story Maps into your instruction.
- Receive $75.00 participation stipend and 6 hours of continuing education credits. A limited number of travel scholarships are also available to support teachers travelling from outside of Central Virginia.
Space is limited to the first 15 registrants and is open to any licensed K-12 teacher. Registration deadline is June 30, 2019.
Click on this link to register: http://bit.ly/VGAk12GIS