Complete document for all three sessions of Eastern Hemisphere. This is a large file and should be downloaded (right-click on link) and viewed in Adobe Reader.
Session 1: Investigating the Geography of the Eastern Hemisphere
The physical environment influences human activities. In this instructional activity students examine maps of the eastern hemisphere to discover the link between the physical environment and the distribution of cultures.
- How did physical geography influence the distribution of cultures within the eastern hemisphere?
- How does the physical environment link and divide regions?
Note: The following files contain layered pdfs. In order to manipulate map layers, each file must be downloaded to your computer.
Lesson with attachments (This is the full lesson with all the following parts included. It is large file and should be downloaded [right-click on link] and viewed in Adobe Reader.)
- Attachment A: Outline Map of the Eastern Hemisphere
- Attachment B: Climates of Asia
- Attachment C: Physical Map of Asia
- Attachment D: Outline Map (Physical)
- Attachment E: Regions of the Eastern Hemisphere
- Online map available at http://arcg.is/1Tdsz78
To Session 2.
Return to World History and Geography to 1500 A.D. (C.E.) page.
A product of the Virginia Geographic Alliance.