What: 2019 Educator Academy in the Amazon Professional Development
When: July 1-11, 2019
Scholarships: $1250 Amazon Workshops Scholarships for K-12 Educators
Application Deadline: February 1, 2019
Get more info: http://amazonworkshops.com/educator-academy/
The July 1-11, 2019 Educator Academy in the Amazon Rainforest of Peru is a cross-curricular professional development workshop for formal and informal science educators. Highlights include:
• 21st Century Instruction: 5E Lesson Design ~ Inquiry-Based Exploration ~ STEM
• Inquiry Protocols & Resources: Vernier Software & Technology ~ Celestron Digital Microscopes
• Global and Cultural Perspectives: Service Learning ~ Sustainability ~ Global Education
• NEW! A specialized track for HS bio and environmental science educators with a focus on sustainability, conservation, and field work with the Maijuna indigenous community
• Work side-by-side with scientists and researchers on citizen science projects and field studies.
• Explore the ¼ mile long ACTS Peru Rainforest Canopy Walkway in one of the world’s most biologically diverse environments.
• Work with fellow educators to explore strategies for using the Amazon as a vehicle for incorporating STEM education, inquiry-based learning, and sustainability science education into your classroom.
Get the details and download a syllabus and scholarship application at: http://amazonworkshops.com/educator-academy/
NOTE: Last year they had very few applications and would like to make sure that the funding is utilized this year!
Contact Educator Academy Director, Christa Dillabaugh, for more information:
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org // phone: 1-800-431-2624.